Thursday, March 1, 2012

2,000 yards in 40 minutes

I missed out on my swim yesterday, because I slept in. I couldn't sleep the night before and was wrecked the next day, so I decided to delay my swim until today. I'm glad I did. I felt fresh and I hit the pool without doing something else first, which gave me that much more of a boost in the water.

Here's what I did.

Warm up
100 free
Core
4 X 400 alternating 150 free and 50 breast (30 seconds rest between)
4 X 50 free sprints (on the 1:00)
Cool down
100 breast

I increased my bilateral breathing sets by 50 yards. I'll do the same for a few more swims before bumping it up to 200 yards before switching to the 50 breast set. The shoulder is sore, as usual, but I'm tired of pampering the damn thing if it's just going to be sore all the time even if I'm not swimming. I think I'm going to try one more swim tomorrow, this one a little shorter.

Total distance: 2,000 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment