Friday, March 9, 2012

Cycling milestone: 500 miles

I didn't even realize it until I added the miles into my exercise log five minutes ago, but today I cracked 500 miles on the bike. It's a fun little milestone, but it's not impressive as it looks. I've found that when I'm on the stationary bike, I can do a mile in under four minutes. I like to use the following comparisons to measure my fitness by.

1 mile swimming = 3 miles running = 8 miles cycling

So I guess the 500 miles cycling is the equivalent of around 66 miles swimming. It's a nice chunk of change, but it will be more impressive once I reach 1,000.

Anyway, my shoulder has been quite sore since my Wednesday swim, so I decided not to press my luck with another one today. I cycled for 45 minutes instead and did some light weight lifting after. I'll try a swim again on Monday.

Total distance: 13.5 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment