Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Open water practice

Every now and again, I'm stuck in a lane right between two swimmers who don't have particularly good strokes or old guys that flop around in the water a lot. The combined effect is a choppy, wavy lane in the middle, the one I'm trying to swim laps in. Every four or five strokes, I come up for a breath and get a mouthful of water from the wave hitting me in the face. There are no lane lines to work as wave absorbers either. I get used to it after a little bit, and to be honest, today it was kind of fun, because it felt like I was in open water again. Good practice, I suppose...

My shoulder was still a bit achy from last week, so I started small this week. Here's what I did.

Warm up
150 free
Core
10 x 150 (100 free, 50 breast on 3:00)
4 x 50 free sprints on 1:00
Cool down
150 breast

Not a terribly productive day, but I plan on cranking up the yardage on Thursday. I'm going to attempt my first 1-mile bilateral breathing swim.

Total distance: 2,000 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment