Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Late-night swim

I started a new job on Monday, so the new hours are hard to get used to. I was working from 4 p.m. to Midnight and now, for the next three weeks, I'm working from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. That's a pretty big change. Then, after those three weeks, I'll be on an 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. shift for the next three months or so. This is making it hard to find pools near my home that offer lap swim at the right times for me.

Fortunately, the Clearfield Aquatic Center offers lap swim on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., so I think I'll be doing that for the next few weeks. I'm not the type to get up at 5 a.m. so I can sneak in a one-hour swim before dashing off to work, so these ones will work fine for now, since I'm only doing two swims per week right now anyway.

Here's what I did.

Warm up
200 free
Core
2 x 500 free easy
10 x 100 free on 2:00
6 x 100 alternating breast and free on 2:00
Cool down
200 breast

I was the first in the pool and then the Clearfield Masters started a few minutes after. It was pretty packed for about 30 minutes and then they all slowly emptied the pool. I was proud to be the last one out of the water at 10:15 and I looked at their board to see what Masters did tonight and it totaled 2,200 yards. It's not much, but I was still a bit proud to have topped it.

Total distance: 3,000 yards (Highest single swim total of the year! Slowly inching back to old form.)

No comments:

Post a Comment