Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feels great to be in the zone again

Kelly joined me for another swim today and it was a goodie. I wanted to see how far I could go with the bilateral breathing, so I just went for it. I was tired for the first few hundred yards, but then got into a rhythm and it felt like I could go forever. After I hit 1,200 yards, I noticed Kelly finally had an open lane to himself next to me (he waited for one while doing sprint runs in the shallow end), so I decided to stop and do some sets with him. I was feeling like I could keep cruising for a long time, but I didn't want to press my luck with my shoulder, so I was pretty happy with that result. I'll try and increase it again here in the next couple of swims.
Icing the shoulder in my office after today's swim
Here's what I ended up doing

Warm up
150 free
Core
1,200 free
10 x 100 free sprints on 2:00
Cool down
150 breast

Total distance: 2,500 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment