Saturday, March 24, 2012

Glorious swim ... glorious day

Got up this morning and the weather was beautiful outside. I was able to wear shorts and flip-flops to the gym for the first time this year. Hopped in the pool to squeeze in as many yards as I could manage in the one-hour lap swim time window.

Here's what I did.

Warm up
150 free
Core
2,500 free
Cool down
100 breast

It was the longest swim I've done since changing my breathing patterns. After I hit about 1,200 yards, I felt like I couldn't stop, so I kept on going even after I hit one mile, which was my overall goal for the day. With only a couple of minutes remaining, I stopped at 2,500 and did some quick breaststroke to cool down before they kicked me out. I feel great, my shoulder is getting much better and I'm looking forward to swimming next week.

Total distance: 2,750 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment