Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Late-night swim Part Deux

I hit the Clearfield Aquatic Center for my second evening swim in as many weeks tonight. Jen accompanied me and read her book while I tried to get my groove on in the pool. I was in the water at 9:10 p.m. and here's what I did.

Warm up
200 free
Core
4 x 250 free on 4:30
10 x 100 free brisk pace on 2:00
500 free easy
Cool down
150 breast

Once again, I made it a point to do more yards than the Masters swimmers, who had a total of 2,600 posted on their board. I had a half-lane all to myself, which was nice, so I was able to do some descending sets. On the 10 x 100's, I noticed I was finishing each 100 slightly faster than the last one and it didn't feel at all like I was exerting more energy to do so. It was very encouraging. I think I'll do a little more speed work -- rather than distance all the time -- in the future. Very nice workout.

Total distance: 2,850 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment