Thursday, March 29, 2012

First one in, last one out

The Clearfield Aquatic Center it was again tonight. I wanted to go for a new high this year, so I made sure to be there a few minutes early so I could warm up and get in a lane before it got too crowded. I was in the water at 8:55 all by myself and did ...

Warm up
200 free
Core
2,650 free
Cool down
400 easy (alternating 25 free, 25 breast)

Two fairly fit looking guys joined me in my lane and we circle swam for about 30 minutes, but they stopped frequently and hung out on the wall a lot, so it really wasn't crowded at all. Actually, I kind of felt like I was showing off every time I lapped them and for a while it seemed as if they were just watching me swim. That stroked my ego a bit and I did a few extra laps to mark a new longest single swim since coming back from my shoulder injury. I also logged the most total yards in a single workout for 2012. I plan on topping both of those again next week. All the Masters swimmers finished up just as I started cooling down and I was the last one out of the pool at 10:10. Huzzah!!!

Total distance: 3,250 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment