Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Swim golf with Kelly

Kelly joined me for a swim today and we both decided to try something I read in "Swimmer." It's called swim golf, where you count your strokes and your seconds, add them together and that's your score. We did it in 50's because counting any more beyond that is just a pain in the ass. 
We take our swims very serious
At first I had a score of 79. After 10 attempts, I was able to get it down to 66 a few times, but I couldn't beat it. It really helps with getting more out of every stroke, also teaching you to maximize your kicking. Every time I swam I faster 50, my stroke count went up. Every time I took longer, stronger strokes, my time went up. I couldn't win. It seems like an effective training tool. We also just kind of screwed around and did some other random stuff.

Warm up
150 free
Core
500 free
10 x 50 golf
2 x 100 golf
500 kick
500 free
50 butterfly
Cool down
100 free easy

As you can see, it was quite a random assortment today. My shoulder is hurting (AGAIN!), so I didn't want to push it too hard, but my ice pack will still get full use for the remainder of the day. 

Total distance: 2,500 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment