Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hiking with mom

I've been talking about taking my mom on a hike for a few weeks now, and she had some time off work this week, so we went for it today. I didn't want to go on anything too strenuous, that way we could actually enjoy the hike, so I figured Waterfall Canyon was a simple choice.
Mom at the waterfall.

It was nice to chat with her during the way up. The weather was beautiful today and never got terribly hot and it was even borderline cold once we reached the top. The sun hadn't yet peaked up over the cliff inside the canyon, and the mist from the waterfall was cold. It felt great! After we reached the bottom of the trail head, we both pigged out on some Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell. We both love those things. I wonder if it is possible to pass food tastes and preferences down to your offspring genetically. Haha...

1 comment: