Monday, May 14, 2012

Back in action after a break

My dad was in town last week and I wasn't able to get in the pool for four days. I wanted to log a decent amount of yardage today in order to make up for some missed time and get a good start to the week. It might have been a blessing in disguise, though, giving my shoulder a little extra rest.

Warm up
200 free
Core
3,500 free (1:01.24)
300 kick
Cool down
100 breast

My muscles felt very tight during the first 1,000 yards or so, plus there were a couple of military douches dicking around in the lane next to me, which was a bit distracting. However, they weren't taking their swims very serious and didn't last long, and then I was able to settle in nicely for the two-mile swim. After that, I did a few hundred yards of kicks with fins before cooling down. Good start to the week...

Total distance: 4,100 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment