Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bike and bonus yards

I didn't want to push it too hard on my shoulder today, so I rode the bike instead. After about 30 minutes, I did some ab work and light weight training and still felt like I had some energy, so I went downstairs and jumped into the pool for a few bonus yards.

I only did kicks, alternating freestyle and breaststroke and then with and without fins. It was nice to add a few extra yards to this week's total without even using my arms. Well, kind of ... I still did a bunch of push-ups and weightlifting, but no freestyle pulling. That should give my shoulder a nice little breather before tomorrow's swim. I'm going to go for at least a mile and a half, possibly timing my mile time to see where I'm at now.

Total distance: 7.5 miles cycling, 800 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment