Monday, May 21, 2012

Double-down Monday

Having missed a swim late last week, I wanted to make sure I made up for it this week. I got in the pool nice and early and did a big ladder set.

Warm up
200 free
Core
250 free
500 free
1,000 free
2,000 free
Cool down
300 kick
200 breast

I felt great, and it seemed like the ladders -- which I doubled every new set -- got easier as the distances increased (as odd as that sounds). I was only resting for 30 seconds between sets, and by the end of my 2,000, I felt like my stroke was smoother than ever and I was moving faster than when I did the first 250. I have just under three weeks until the Salt Lake swim and I am confident if I push hard for the next two weeks, I'll be able to destroy last year's mark.

Very encouraging day...

Total distance: 4,450 yards (new 2012 high)

No comments:

Post a Comment