Monday, December 5, 2011

Already miss swimming

Boy, do I want to get in the water in the worst way. Since I decided to lay off swimming in order to let my shoulder heal, I've had a difficult time keeping with an exercise routine. I don't particularly enjoy dryland training and I often looked forward to my workouts in the pool. However, with that no longer an option my motivation is fading fast. I only went to the gym twice last week when I should have gone at least four times. I worked out hard when I went, but I was so disappointed in myself and I have a fear of falling out of the habit.

So, today I decided to kick off the new week strong. I planned on running three miles and biking six, but when I got on the bike, I couldn't get off. I had my book with me, so the time went by very fast. I gradually increased the resistance and finished with 14.5 miles in one hour. So I blew off the run and went straight to body sculpting.

I did a full hour of weight training, ab workouts and calisthenics after the bike. I normally don't go for that long, but with the help of some good tunes (Metallica, Skrillex, Eminem, and MJ) I kept pushing myself.

Oh, and I hit a new low on the scale this morning at 180.6. I don't think I've been that light since I was 18 or 19. That brings my weight-loss total since Valentine's Day (when I had my moment of clarity and started exercising again) to 34.6 pounds.

Good start to the week, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment