Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Recovery from sickness

Today was my first day back at the gym in almost a week. I went to the gym last Wednesday and did a 15-mile bike ride followed by some weights, but by the next day I was feeling kind of crummy. By Christmas eve I was full-blown sick. I don't know how I made it through work that night. It was the works: stuffy nose, sinus pressure, headache and sore throat. This morning was the first day that I felt I had enough energy to go work out, even though I'm still a bit stuffed up.

I looked kind of like this over Christmas weekend
I only have a week and a half left until the 10k, and I'm getting nervous that I'm not ready. I'm sure I'll be able to finish, but I highly doubt I'm going to reach my initial goal of finishing in under an hour. Today I just wanted to see what I could manage in one hour on the treadmill and I was only able to do 5.51 miles. That's about 0.75 miles short. It's OK, though. I'm still not at 100 percent and the altitude will be about 2,000 feet lower in Las Vegas. That should play in my favor. If I can finish in 65 minutes, I will be very pleased.

As per the usual, I haven't been doing very well on my food intake, but what can I say? It's the holidays. I'm not feeling too guilty about what I eat until the first day of 2012. That's when the new year starts and that's when my new diet starts. Until then, anything goes...

Total distance: 5.9 miles running (including warm up and cool down)

No comments:

Post a Comment