Friday, December 30, 2011

Cycling milestone on last workout of 2011

Today I finally hit the 300-mile mark on the bike, conveniently on my last exercise day of 2011. I have to work early tomorrow, so I won't be able to squeeze one in. I knew I needed about 15 miles to pull it off, so when I sat down on the bike, my goal was to get it in under an hour. I pushed it pretty hard and ended up getting 17.7 miles. That's a new 1-hour high for me. My previous best was 15.5 miles. And boy, I was sweating all over the place and made a freakin' mess.
36 seconds into my cool down after 17.7 miles
I thought about taking a dip after, but I figured two swims in a week would be a little much until I see the doctor next week. I went on Wednesday and did 1,050 yards with 750 of that bilateral breathing freestyle. The rest was just breaststroke. After my bike today, I did some light weight lifting with some ab sets, but not too many, because Jen was with me and was in a hurry to leave so we could go get lunch.
Anyway, here are my 2011 totals.

Swimming: 107.09 miles (started in last week of April and barely swam in November/December)
Running: 213.30 miles (started in late February)
Cycling: 303.10 (started in last week of August)

Tomorrow I'll post my 2012 goals. I'm looking forward to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment