Friday, December 9, 2011

New look, new milestone

Yesterday, I was pretty busy and didn't have time to update my blog, but I did go to the gym. My legs and knee were pretty sore from the 6-mile run, but I still wanted to get a decent amount of cardio, so I mostly stuck to the bike. I biked for 7.5 miles and then did an easy 1.5-mile run. I followed it with some more weights and calisthenics and called it a day. I didn't push myself particularly hard, but I'm glad I at least got something in. I had a lot of errands to run.

However, when I got home, I stepped on the scale and came up at 179.8. I can't even remember the last time I was under 180, and even though it was only by two ounces, I was psyched to see the No. 7 in the tens digit column. Haha. My goal was to lose 30 pounds by Valentine's Day 2010 and now I've officially lost over 35 with more than two months to go. Awesome!
This pleases me...
Also, I finally decided to cut my hair. I probably haven't cut it since July and it grew longer than I had ever let it since I was a little kid. Jen has been complaining about it non-stop for months, suggesting I look like a 'hobo' and she is kind of right. I also haven't shaved in several weeks, probably since the SDRC Meet in November, so I took care of that, too.

I didn't go to the gym today and decided to watch a movie with some friends before work instead. I'm going to try and talk Jen into going with me tomorrow, so I can make it four times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment