Monday, October 31, 2011

100 MILES! Happy Halloween!

Today I hit my yearly swim goal. I started swimming in late April and set a goal to swim 100 miles by the end of the year. It's kind of cool that I did it on the last day of the month and on Halloween no less. Now I need to see how much I can surpass my goal by in the final two months of the year. I'm gonna shoot for 30 more miles.

Me in the pool today. I was exhausted and truly felt like a zombie.
Anyway, today Jen went with me to the gym again and I pushed myself fairly hard. First I ran a 5k on the treadmill, while cranking up the incline for the last mile. Then I jumped straight on the bike and sprinted 4.5 miles as hard as I could. By the time I was done with that, I was pretty exhausted. I knew I needed to do at least 1.5 miles in the pool in order to hit the 100 mark, but I wasn't sure if I'd have enough energy. Fortunately, I did, but I truly felt like a zombie (pun absolutely intended) in the water. Afterward, I was wrecked. A little bit of barbecue with Jen after the gym pepped me right up, though. Here's todays' totals.
Warm up
200 free
Core
2,400 free
Cool down
100 breast

I was running out of time and had to really gut through the last 400 yards or so in order to get the yardage I needed to hit my yearly goal, but I finished just as lap swim ended. Great way to finish the month!

Total distance: 1.53 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment