Thursday, November 3, 2011

Powerhouse Thursday

Today I felt like a machine. I didn't make it to the gym during the past two days, so I felt like I had to do a little extra today in order to make up for it. So I got up early and boy, did it hurt.

I felt like this guy at the gym today.
First I hit the bike and pedaled 9.5 miles in just under 35 minutes. Then I jumped on the treadmill and did 2.3 miles with the last mile or so on a heavy incline. Finished that in about 25 minutes. Then I did some weight training and calisthenics. I did some squats, lunges, bicep curls, mountain climbers, Arnolds, push-ups, sit-ups and toe touches.

Finally, after all that, I crawled into the pool with the little bit of energy I had left.
Here's today's swim.

Warm up
200 free
Core
250 free (ladder build up with 30 second rests)
300 free
350 free
400 free
450 free
500 free

By the time I finished my last 500 I was barely moving through the water and called the quits. I was already going so slow by the time I ran out of gas, so I didn't feel like I needed to cool down. What a tough day. I ended up covering 13.2 miles between the bike, treadmill and pool.

Total distance: 1.39 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment