Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wake-up call

Yesterday, I received a pleasant surprise in the mail. I opened up the envelope and it was a new swim cap from U.S. Masters Swimming. As a U.S. Masters member you get free stuff in the mail for reaching certain milestones in the pool.

The cap was an award for swimming 50 miles, a milestone I reached on August 8.

Anyway, today my plan was to work on my starts. I haven't done them since I was in high school and boy, I forgot how hard those suckers are to master. Anita probably helped me work on them for about 30 minutes before I did a few sprint sets, so I didn't pile up very many yards in the pool today.

However, because I didn't get too many yards done in the pool, I went straight upstairs and knocked out six miles on the stationary bike before running two miles on the treadmill. Overall, I feel like I got a solid, although not great cardio workout today. My technique on the starts and my times on the sprints weren't encouraging, though, so I know there is still a ton of work to be done.

Today was quite a wake-up call.

Total distance: 0.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment