Friday, October 28, 2011

My wandering mind

Sometimes, when I swim, I have a hard time focusing on my stroke when I'm thinking about other stuff. Today was one of those days.

When I got to the gym I pumped out a quick eight miles on the bike and did a few light abdomen workouts. Then, I jumped in the pool, warmed up and started my sets. About halfway through one of my 500s I lost count of my laps because I couldn't stop thinking about things. By things, I mean life in general, such as bills, work, Jen, football, the World Series, etc. Anyway, here's what I did today.

Warm up
200 free
Core
250 free
2 x 500 free
1,000 free
2 x 50 sprints
Cool down
200 breast

I didn't finally get focused until about half-way through my 1,000-yard set, so by the time I felt like I had a nice efficient stroke I was already running out of gas. It ended up being a productive day in terms of total yardage, but I don't think I really improved my conditioning or stroke all that much. I need to focus better.

Total distance: 1.56 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment