Friday, October 7, 2011

Sprints with Kelly

Today my friend Kelly joined me for a workout. He and I had been swimming together regularly for most of the year before he started school this fall, so it was nice to get in and do some sets with a partner.

First we went upstairs and I biked for 5 miles at a nice easy pace. Then I ran three miles on the treadmill with a gradual increase of speed until I was going all out for the final quarter mile.

By that point I was already beat, plus we didn't have a ton of time before lap swim ended, so Kelly and I decided to work on some sprints, although I already did that once this week.

Here's what we did:
200 free warmup
100 IM sprint (1:16.11)
500 free on the 9:00 (much slower than earlier in the week)
200 free
150 free
100 free
50 free
4 x 50 25 head out, 25 four breaths
2 x 50 25 hard, 24 slow
50 cool down

Kelly was looking pretty good, but I think he had a hard time with the sets due to his long absence from the pool. Hopefuly, he can swim with me more often.

I might do some more running tomorrow, but I only managed 3.24 miles in the pool this week. That's well off my normal pace, so I'm gonna have to go above and beyond next week to make up for it. Perhaps I'll just do the distance sets and cut out the sprints, so I can pile up some yards.

Total distance: 0.94 miles (whoopie...)

No comments:

Post a Comment