Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Working off the long weekend

Today was a tough day. I didn't end up making it to the gym as many times as I wanted last week, partly due to a power outage on Friday that kept me from getting in the pool. Also, my wife and I celebrated our two-year wedding anniversary over the weekend, so I ate a lot of crap, drank a few beers and celebrated with reckless abandon.

However, I did go running with Kelly and his wife Jessica up at Weber State on Saturday, pumping out three miles in preparation for my first sprint triathlon, which is scheduled for November 18, just a week after my big swim meet.

That being said, I hadn't swam in almost a week when Kelly and I hit the pool today and I was definitely feeling it.

First we ran for a while, but all I could manage was a measly 2.4 miles before my knee started hurting.

Here's today's workout.
Warm up
200 free
Core
5 x 300 free on the 6:00 descending
100 IM sprint
2 x 50 sprint, 25 hard, 25 easy
Cool down
200 free

I was sucking wind on my warm up and knew I was in for a long swim, but on the 300s I started to loosen up and picked up my pace a bit. Eventually, Kelly and I ran out of time when lap swim ended before we could do additional sets.

Total distance: 1.20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment