Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NEW PERSONAL BESTS!!

Today was a very encouraging day at the gym. I personal bests in both my one-mile swim and my one-mile run. I slept in and wasn't feeling particularly great, but once I got in the pool that all changed.

Here's today's swim
Warm up
200 free
Core
1,750 free (1 mile)
500 free easy
4 x 50 sprints on the 1:00
Cool down
150 free easy
150 breast

My previous best on the one-mile in a pool was 29:51. I was really sucking wind after the first 1500 and really pushed it down the stretch. I ended up finishing in 28:36. I knew I was going to beat the time, but I was shocked to see that I shaved off a full 1:15.

After a few easy sets, I hit the bike for a little over 4 miles and then jumped on the treadmill. I was feeling sort of euphoric from my swim and decided to try and run my fastest mile, although my previous plan was to run a slow and steady 5k. In the end, I did it in 8:36 which was 21 seconds faster than the last run I timed it in a few months ago. That's not very fast and probably not my all-time personal best (I'm confident I ran it much faster in high school), but it's the fastest since I began my weight-loss regiment eight months ago.

Great day!!!

Total distance: 1.68 miles

1 comment: