Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Turkey Tri training

I went for a run at the Roy High track today. The Turkey Tri is only a little over a month away, and I really want to beat last year's time. I'm all registered, so there is no backing out now. However, I haven't been working out quite like I was at this time last year, even though I do think my overall fitness level has improved since then, but I need to kick it into full gear for the next few weeks
Just before starting my run at the Roy High track.
It's a 5k run, 10k bike and 300-yard swim. I finished in 1:08.46 last time and I hope to see at least a three to four minute improvement on Nov. 10. These were my official split times in the 2011 triathlon.

Run: 32:13
Transition: 1:26
Bike: 26.49
Transition: :59

The run is where I want to improve the most. Today I ran three miles in 30:50, which is just shy of a 5k and considering I haven't ran that far in many weeks, I was encouraged. Hopefully, with the right training, I can get that to about 29 minutes. The course is changing this year, too. In 2012 it was a very "hilly" route, which I thought was more difficult. Maybe it will be flatter this time around, which could help with my time. I also was a bit confused during the transitions, giving it was my first triathlon, so I will surely knock off a minute overall between the two of those.

On a side note, I took my nephew, Carter to his swim lessons over the weekend. It was at Layton Surf N Swim, which was where I swam during my high school swim team days. Sort of a blast from the past considering I haven't been in there in almost 10 years. It looked the exact same. Haha! I really do miss the pool, but my shoulder is still screwed, limiting me to no more than one swim per week right now, and short swims at that. Yuck.
I couldn't tell you how many hundreds of hours I spent swimming
up and down that bitch in high school, or how many gallons I puked in the water.
Total distance: 3 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment