Friday, October 5, 2012

My blogaversary and a super fast 5k

I didn't realize it when writing my blog on Wednesday, but it marked the one-year anniversary since I started this blog. I can't believe it's been that long already. I'm so glad I started it and hopefully as the years go by, I will have amassed quite a few posts.
Happy blogaversary to "Swimming Upstream"
Anyway, today Kelly and I did a run. Fall is here, which to me, is my favorite time of year to be outside. It's still sunny, but the air is cool enough to work out in without worrying about dropping from the heat. I went for another three-mile run and I was shocked as to how quickly I ran it. Kelly was in front of me the whole way, which was perfect, because he set a fast pace that really forced me to push it. I ended up finishing in 28:40, which is over two minutes faster than Wednesday's run, and honestly, might be among the fastest I've ever ran that distance. I'd have to go through my logs from last summer, but it's pretty dang close, so I'm very encouraged. After that, I did a quick ladder stairs set at Roy High's stadium bleachers.

My hamstring is a bit sore, so I'm going to stretch the crap out of it tonight with the foam roller. I think my next workout will be an extensive session on the stationary bike. Then I'll try putting the two together in preparation for the Turkey Tri.

Total distance: About 3.25 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment