Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rare swim day

I haven't been in the pool for over two weeks. I was nervous to even give it a shot today, but I can't keep neglecting the water. It's an itch I desperately need to scratch. I rode the stationary bike first for 30 minutes and got a good sweat on, so swimming after was much more inviting.

When I walked on to the pool deck, Anita said I looked like I've lost more weight, calling me "skinny." I know I haven't lost more, although I've maintained it well for the past three months by not gaining, but her kind words still boosted my ego a bit. I started slow, because I did some weightlifting first, but after a few short sets I felt good and did some speed work for about 20 minutes. Good overall workout today.

Tomorrow's the long-awaited Mount Ogden Summit. I'm so excited!

Total distance: 1,400 yards swimming, 8.5 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment