Monday, October 22, 2012

Crappy weather, nice swim

I was hoping to go for a run today, now that my legs have calmed down a little after last Thursday's hike. They were screaming at me for two days before finally healing a bit yesterday. However, the weather outside this morning was stormy and gross so I went to the rec center for a swim and some free weight work instead.

I lifted first, knowing full well my muscles would be tired when I got in the water. But I pushed it hard on my sets anyway.

Warm up
200 free
Core
4 x 300 free/50 breast

I didn't end up cooling down because I ran out of time, but the breaststroke interval on each set cooled me down some already, so I was OK. I haven't exactly been piling up the yards since Bear Lake, but I've at least been getting in once a week, for the most part. I can't fall out of the habit, but I have to be very careful not to overdo it and let my shoulder get some rest in the next few months. I'm walking a fine line.

Total distance: 1,600 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment