Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slushy run with Kelly

Kelly and I had planned on running the Turkey Tri course today, and based off weather reports, we both knew it was going to be rainy and cold. We dressed warm, though and gutted it out.
If I don't look too pleased with myself, it's because I'm not. Kelly is all smiles, though.
Right after we parked and started stretching I watched someone ticket my car. I don't really care, because I'm not a student, so what are they going to do? Hold my transcripts? I graduated long ago. However, it is really stupid that Weber State doesn't have anywhere for you to park if you are a visitor or a non-student. Sorry, but I'm not going to buy one of your hundred-dollar parking passes so I can park on campus a few times a year.

Anyway, the run was incredibly tough. I tried my best to stay with Kelly the whole way, but I was hurting from the very start. I'm not sure my body was ready to run, considering I'm still sore from last Thursday's hike. Yeah, it's taking that long to heal. My shins were in a great deal of pain before we were even half way done, but any time I tried to stop or slow down, it just hurt worse, so I just trudged forward. My time was a very disappointing 34 minutes, but we did take a slightly longer route. The cold was a bit of a factor and my lungs were burning a bit, but that's to be expected. Hell! It's a triathlon in November! So I have no good excuse there. The rain stopped just before we stopped running anyway, so we did catch a break there.

Next time, I plan to stretch MUCH better and hopefully I can pull off a time closer to my Turkey Tri goal.

P.S.: Why is it already snowing? Ughhhh!!

Total distance: 3.1 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment