Monday, October 8, 2012

Market fresh every day: Runnin' to Smith's

I slept in today, but it didn't keep me from working out. The cool weather is making it possible to run outside even in the middle of the afternoon without getting too hot. I ran from my house all the way to Smith's in Sunset before turning back. I had to stop at a handful of stop lights, which slowed me down a bit, but I just ran in place while I waited.

Just finished my run and Jen captured the moment.
I made it back in 43 minutes and MapMyFitness says I ran almost exactly four miles. That Smith's all the way up there is a nice benchmark for a four-mile run, I guess. Anyway, right when I got back, Jen was waiting outside for me so we could run over to Costco to grab a few things. She snapped a quick picture of me in all my sweaty glory and we left. I enjoyed a tasty hot dog and washed it down with a Diet Coke as a reward.

My knee feels great and hasn't been bothering me, although my hamstring has been giving me a little bit of trouble. My confidence heading into the Turkey Tri is growing every workout. I just need to get some more bike, and hopefully pool time, too.

Total distance: 4 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment