Monday, October 15, 2012

Back indoors, at least for today

I hit the Roy Rec Center today for the first time in about two weeks. Since I hadn't swam and the weather has been so wonderful, I haven't had a reason to pay to work out there. Today, however, I needed to get some work in on the stationary bike. I'll need to use their machine until Jen's boss lets me borrow his road bike a few weeks before the Turkey Tri. The cycling leg is a 10k, so I set out for that mark and pushed it hard. I ended up cranking that out, plus a little extra in about 22 minutes. The actual bike leg of the triathlon will be a little tougher and likely take me a couple of minutes longer to complete, but that was a good start.
I found another one of these waiting for me at the rec center. It's my fourth one to date, and likely my last for a while.
I followed that up with a fast 1-mile run on the treadmill, before rounding out the day with some push-ups. All-in all, it was a good little workout where I really focused on upping the intensity, rather than the distance. I'll have to improve on that when training for the running leg, because there is brutal 1-mile stretch that goes up a big hill. Tomorrow will be sort of an off day, with just swimming and weights, but Thursday will be a good distance cardio day. Kelly and I are going to finally attempt the Mt. Ogden summit. It will likely take us all day.

Total distance: 6.5 miles cycling, 1 mile running


No comments:

Post a Comment