Monday, July 9, 2012

Return to Causey

Wes came to my house bright and early this morning so we could go up to Causey Reservoir. The weather was supposed to be beautiful and he wanted to do some fishing, so I figured I could get a good swim in while he was doing that in the kayak.
The water level was really low, making for some big jumps off
the cliffs. Note the previous water line above me.
Just as predicted, the weather was perfect and I set out on the same course I did on Saturday with Kelly. We hit the first cliffs after about a half mile and did a few jumps. We then swam (well, I swam while Wes kayaked) to the other cliffs and did the bigger jumps. I had to kind of coax Wes into it, but after a while, he finally jumped off the big one. He then did some fishing while I swam back and forth across the reservoir a few times to increase my yardage a bit.
Swam back to the car, strapped the kayak on my roof and hauled ass to get home so I could shower and make it to work on time.

Total distance: About 1.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment