Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fun swim at Causey Reservoir

Today Kelly and I took a little trip up to Causey Reservoir for a swim. I had a terrible week in the exercise department, only working out once before today, so I had no excuses and needed to swim. Plus, the weather was great.
This isn't a photo of us, but it is of the same "smaller" rocks we jumped off. The bigger one was probably only 15-20 feet higher.
When we got there, we immediately realized we forgot to bring a camera. Oh well. We got in and just went for it, swimming a little over a half mile out to some rocks were a bunch of people were cliff jumping into the water. The biggest jump was at least 70 feet up and pretty intimidating, but I took my safe swimmer off, stowed it on a rock and climbed right up. Everyone was just standing there daring each other to jump, with nobody really doing anything, so I just went for it. Kelly told me after that he was a little stunned I just went up and jumped without even thinking about it.

We then swam back across the reservoir to another area of cliff jumping and this one was a little smaller, so Kelly and I both went up and jumped off those a few times. We could see some dark clouds a ways off and decided it would be best to put our goggles back on and swim back. It was perfect timing, because just as we got out of the water, the wind started to pick up and rain began to trickle.

All in all, the weather and the lake itself were both beautiful and it was a very fun swim, even though my shoulder is very mad at me for it. Totally worth it...

Total distance: About 1.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment