Monday, April 9, 2012

"You're getting it back, Matt!"

What a wonderful day it has been thus far. The weather is beautiful, I don't have to work at my crappy new job and I got in another fantastic swim. Jen took my car to work today, so I walked to the Roy Rec Center, which is only about two blocks from my house. It was such a nice day out, I was glad to go for the walk.

Here's what I swam. I tried something different again. Haha.

Warm up
200 free
Core
4 x 500 free (1 minute rests)
4 x 250 free (30 second rests)
4 x 100 free (on 2:00)
4 x 50 free (on 1:00)
Cool down
200 breast

During my rest on one of my 100's Anita looked down at me from her tower with a big smile on her face and said, "You're getting it back, Matt," referring to the long road back from my shoulder injury. She really boosted my confidence and made my day. The descending ladder was kind of fun and I'll probably try to work a few more of those into my workouts every now and again. I also hit another new 2012 high for total yardage in one day. I enjoyed the short walk home and reveled in today's accomplishment and Anita's kind words.

Total distance: 4,000 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment