Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mock hiking

I wasn't able to make it to the gym today in time for lap swim, so I decided to try something a little different. My knee has been hurting when I run lately, so instead I put the treadmill on a fast walking pace and amped up the incline. I started it out on a 5.0 gradient and gradually worked my way up to 11.0. After 48 minutes, the machine said I covered only 2.75 miles, but I burned 411 calories. I normally burn around 100 calories per mile, so that's a pretty significant increase. And I sure felt it. After the mock hike on the treadmill, I did some shoulder work with free weights to work on my tendinitis issues... you know... strengthening the tendons and all.
After getting all hot and bothered from today's workout, I am pretty excited to "cool off" and hit the pool for an intense swim tomorrow morning.

Total distance: 2.75 miles running (well, kind of)

No comments:

Post a Comment