Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Raccoon Man!

Jen makes fun of me whenever she sees me after a swim. I keep my goggles on pretty tight, so for about an hour after I get home from the pool, I have a dark outline around my eyes from them. She says I look like a raccoon. So obviously, after longer swims, the outline sticks on my face for a little longer. And today, I set two new 2012 marks for distance, so I should just be called Raccoon Man for now.
That's me, looking fierce after a swim
Warm up
200 free
Core
4,000 free (1:11.24)
Cool down
150 breast

My shoulder felt FANTASTIC during my swim (I apologize for using all caps). At first, it felt like I was swimming through glue, but after about 2,000 yards I got into a groove and actually increased my pace for the tail end of my set, really focusing on a long smooth stroke. My last high was 3,300 straight and I only planned on doing 3,500 today, but said, "What the hell," and went for 4,000 while my shoulder still felt OK. Good day.

Total distance: 4,350 yards (new 2012 high)

No comments:

Post a Comment