Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rare weekend run

I joined Kelly and Jessica for a run at the Ogden River Parkway this morning. My knee hasn't been hurting so much, so I decided to give it a try. We got off to a late start, so it was already pretty warm outside when we hit the trail head. Kelly went ahead of us, because he was doing a 13-miler, which is a light run for his current marathon training standards. But Jess and I went nice and easy, stopping every one-half mile to do calisthenics such as push-ups, crunches, etc.

By the second mile I was starting to feel discomfort in my knee, as usual. By 2.5 miles it was starting to hurt, so we turned around. We were both getting kind of worn out from the sun already. I think it was in the mid 70s by 11 a.m. We stopped at mile-marker one and walked the rest of the day, so it wasn't a terribly long workout, but a decent one. Plus, it was such a nice day outside. I think the two of them are going to join Jen and I for a short hike tomorrow morning if the weather is this good again.

Total distance: 4 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment