Friday, April 20, 2012

One-mile improvement, plus a short bike ride

It's such an awesome day outside! I wish Pineview Reservoir was warm enough to swim in, so I could enjoy the weather a bit more. The pool and gym had to suffice, though. First, I did a short 30-minute cycling session upstairs while reading my book. After working up a bit of a sweat, I went down to the pool.

Warm up
250 free
Core
1,750 free (28:47)
Cool down
150 breast

I knocked some serious time off my 2012 one-mile pool time. I even came within 17 seconds of my personal-best time. Perhaps, if I really push it, I can beat it next week. I didn't do a ton of yardage today, but all-in-all it was a good week, coming just 400 yards short of 10,000. Who knows, perhaps I'll jump in tomorrow morning for a bonus swim...

Total distance: 7.25 miles cycling, 2,150 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment