Friday, February 3, 2012

Yoga on off days?

So Kelly let me borrow his Rodney Yee power yoga boxed set on Thursday. I didn't work out that day, but that morning I tried out the 25-minute 'power yoga' for beginners DVD. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as challenging as I had hoped it would be, although there were two poses in particular I couldn't do, but I'm sure the longer DVDs are much harder. Still, they were very relaxing and I think I'm going to try doing them several times a week, perhaps on days I don't go to the gym. I'm going to try the 25-minute one again Saturday morning, before Jen and I paint our bedroom.

Anyway, today I wanted to run outside, but by the time I stepped out onto my front porch the wind was howling pretty bad, so I took it to the Roy Rec Center instead. I warmed up with 20 minutes on the bike before seeing what I could muster on the little track. I did 4.5 miles before I was starting to feel a bit light-headed. Having not eaten anything yet, I decided to call it a day and went home to grab a bite to eat.

P.S. I can't emphasize enough, how excited I am to try swimming again on Monday.

Total distance: 5.6 miles cycling, 4.5 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment