Monday, February 20, 2012

Another long run outdoors

After having a sub par workout week last week (other than my 8-mile run), I wanted to get a strong start this week. My friend Wes and his wife Dani joined me for a run at the Ogden River Parkway. I didn't have any lofty goals other than I want to run 10 miles this week. I also want to cycle 45 miles and swim one.

A small part of the Ogden River Parkway
 Wes has always been a fast runner, ever since high school when he ran track, so I knew I wasn't going to outpace him. However, not long after I reached my first turnaround point at Mile Marker 2, Wes stopped to walk with Dani and his dog. I suspect he stopped to keep her company and make her not feel so 'left in the dust.'

After I returned to the start of the trail (4 miles), I was still feeling good, took a swig of water and turned around. I hid my water bottle behind a pavilion this time so nobody would throw it away again. Wes, Dani and I crossed paths again and I told him I was only planning to go back to Mile Marker 1 and turn back around. When I reached it, I felt like I could keep going, but I suspected the two of them didn't want to wait on me, so I flipped around and finished the day with six miles in 1:00.12. It wasn't the long run I did last week, but it was a good start to this week's goal. I think they liked the parkway as much as I do and we are going to go back again on Wednesday.

Total distance: 6 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment