Thursday, November 1, 2012

November kickstart

I think I may have overdid it with my run a few days ago, because my knee has been in a pit of pain. More like discomfort, actually. So I decided a short, but intense bike ride would suffice for today. I wanted to see how fast I could pull off a 10k ride, so I poured it on for the entire session. I managed to finish in 20:28. I was hoping to get under 20 minutes, but that was still pretty good.

My drippy suit hanging to dry in the locker room.
After, I went down to the pool for a swim. My shoulder still bothers me, as always, and I slept on it funny last night, so it was particularly sore this morning. I decided to use fins during my laps, so it would take some of the strain off it. It worked perfectly. I was able to get some decent cardio and yardage in without any real pain.

On a side note, thanks to those of you who still read my blog every now and again. I'm sure they've gotten kind of dull after a while, but last month, I set a new record for page views since I started this thing. THANKS A TON!!! It's very encouraging.

Total distance: 6.5 miles cycling, 1,400 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment