Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sickly swim

I've been battling a bit of a cold that has been going around this past week. I really wanted to work out yesterday, but I was running a fever all day and decided it probably wouldn't be very pleasant if I did. I got plenty of sleep last night, though and I felt much better this morning. Kelly was supposed to meet me for a swim at the Roy Rec Center, but he slept in, also battling that same bloody cold that I have. So I went solo today.
Gyms spread germs, so be sure to wipe the equipment down when you are done.
I rode the bike for about 20 minutes just to get my blood pumping. My cough was starting to act up, so I decided that was a good time to stop and get in the water. I was extra careful to wipe down everything I touched with disinfectant, because I didn't want to spread this shit around. Gyms are common places to catch bugs from other people. The water felt great, though and I really enjoyed the short swim. I only did a handful of sets of 200 yards, doing push-ups and crunches between sets. I got out before there was any discomfort in my shoulder, saving myself for tomorrow. Kelly's going to attempt swimming with me again.

Not a bad little workout, considering I'm still sick.

Total distance: 6.1 miles cycling, 1,000 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment