Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shoulder rehab

The last week was a crazy one. My mother was hospitalized, so Jen and I were taking care of my 7-year-old nephew, Carter while she was out of commission. Combine that with work and cleaning her house/lawn throughout the week, I didn't manage any exercise and I feel terrible about it. Today, though, I was excited to finally start the exercises my doctor gave me, so I can begin rehabilitating my shoulder. There are all sorts of different ones, mostly involving my own body weight, a resistance band and light dumbbells.
This is one of the exercises I worked on today. This dude is using an apple, but I had a 10-pound dumbbell instead. He looks about as pleased as I was.
I just did those today, and plan on hitting the Roy Rec Center tomorrow. It had been closed for the past two weeks during renovations. My knee is still tender, so I'll probably work on the bike a little and perhaps throw in a light swim. Some weight training is a must, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment