Saturday, June 16, 2012

Morning run with Jen

I've been so proud of Jen lately. I talked her into training for her first 5k run and she's been working diligently at it for about a week now. She's doing a couch-to-5k program and she hasn't missed a training day yet. She even woke me up this morning to go run with her at the Roy High track.

My knee hasn't been hurting, but then again, I haven't been running. The thought has been in the back of my mind though, ever since my last attempt at running and it gave me problems. I hoped all the hiking and cycling I've been doing has helped strengthen it and today was a nice little test.

While Jen did her own thing, I ran a short two miles, stopping every quarter mile to do stairs on the bleachers. For the second mile, I stopped every 1/8 mile and did push-ups. There was no pain or discomfort, so it was a nice little workout on a Saturday, and I rarely exercise on weekends.

Tomorrow, Pineview Reservoir for a long swim ... if the weather holds up.

Total distance: 2 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment