Friday, June 22, 2012

Another mini triathlon

I've been watching the Biggest Loser on Netflix a lot lately, and surprisingly, I've been craving dryland training because of it. So, today, I decided to do another little triathlon.

Rode the bike for 20 minutes first, then followed it up with another 20 minutes on the treadmill, although I walked this time, with the incline set up high. I actually ended up burning more calories that way.

Once I got down to the pool, I met a few people who are training for some upcoming races, including a gal who is also doing the Bear Lake Crossing in August. Based off what I heard from her, though, it sounds like she is severely underestimating how difficult it will be. She's never done open water before and hasn't been swimming more than two miles per week. She doesn't even plan on training in open water until two weeks before the race. But she claims to be swimming her entire life and that somehow qualifies her to not train properly. Who knows, perhaps I'm the one who is underestimating her. I hope she gets it together and manages to pull it off.

Total distance: 1,500 yards swimming, 5.55 miles cycling, 1 mile walking (inclined)

No comments:

Post a Comment