Monday, June 18, 2012

Milk was a bad choice

Here's some free advice. Don't drink milk immediately before a workout. I made the mistake of having a bowl of cereal less than 30 minutes before getting in the pool today and I paid dearly for it. Every time I hit the wall to flip around, my stomach felt like the inside of a washing machine. It made for a long, miserable swim.
I must have looked something like this when I felt like retching.
Warm up
250 free
Core
500 free
750 free
1,000 free
5 x 100 free sprints
300 kick with fins
Cool down
Skipped it

When I hit the wall after my first 500, I felt closer to vomiting than I have in a very long time during exercise. Anita looked down at me from her chair and must have seen the look on my face and asked if I was OK. I took an extra minute to rest and resumed my ladder sets. After doing the sprints, I gave up and did kicks for the remainder of the hour, giving up on my goal of hitting two miles for the day. I came close though... Yuck!

Total distance: 3,300 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment