Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Weight-gain from vacation

I hopped on the scale this morning, suspecting I may have had a bad week in the diet department. Other than running my 10k on Saturday I spent almost five days doing nothing and eating a lot of crap while visiting my family in Las Vegas. As I feared, I gained two pounds. It may be the first time I've gained weight since I started this whole exercise deal, so I felt extra motivated to finish the week strong.

I got to the gym and found my favorite bike empty, which is a rare occurrence. So, rather than run, I didn't pass up the opportunity to use this particular machine and I went to work. The 10k run spoiled me with the low elevation, so I really felt it on the bike this morning. I only went for about 45 minutes, because I was planning on doing some ab work and calisthenics after. Once that was complete I sat in the sauna and got a real nice sweat. I don't sit in the sauna too often because I had a bad experience that sent me to the hospital once when I was 19, but today I was glad to use it. Stretching in a hot sauna feels so good and is very therapeutic for me and today was no different. I think I'll do it again tomorrow after my run and perhaps some kicks in the pool.

Total distance: 10.8 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment