Saturday, January 14, 2012

Preemptive strike for some afternoon Sizzler

Today is my mom's birthday and Jen and I were planning on taking her and my nephew, Carter to lunch. I slept in and called my mom when I woke up to find out when we were going and it gave me just over an hour to go to the gym and squeeze in a small workout.
The tiny indoor track at the Roy Rec Center
When I got there, for the second-straight time my favorite bike was available. Being strapped for time, I hopped right on and went to it. Once I hit 10.5 miles after about 35 minutes, I figured I had enough time get in a short run, as well. The treadmills were all in use, but since they have been hurting my feet lately anyway, I decided to use the Roy Rec Center's indoor track. It's a very small track, requiring 19 laps for just one mile, but it worked for the time being. I don't know if I'd be able to train on it for long runs, but I suppose it's too damn cold outside right now, so I don't really have much of a choice.

I did one quick mile and had just enough time to get home and shower before my mom arrived. She chose Sizzler and it was indeed tasty. No guilt either, thanks to my trip to the gym. Huzzah!!

Total distance: 10.5 miles cycling, 1 mile running

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. A great meal tastes even better after a good workout huh?

    ReplyDelete