Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Doctors suck!

I'm starting to lose faith in doctors. Not only have I been told separate things by different doctors regarding what's wrong with my shoulder, the more they continue to try and figure it out, the longer I'm stuck out of the pool. My January 3 trip revealed I still have tendinitis and with a cortisone shot I should be good to go in 4-6 weeks. Well, it's been over three weeks and I haven't noticed even a bit of improvement in the shoulder pain. I've done everything the doctor asked, including regular icing, stretching, an ibuprofen regimen and I've steered clear of any exercise that involves lifting my arms laterally... to no avail.

My doctor feels strangly similar to Leo Spaceman (from 30 Rock)
Perhaps I'm just being impatient. Maybe the pain will magically disappear in the next three weeks, but I highly doubt it. It seems like I'm running out of options and I don't know what to do. There must be something seriously wrong, considering how much it continues to hurt and how much I've been pampering it.
Anyway, in the meantime I've still been training for a half marathon. It sounds like there is a strong possibility the Salt Lake City marathon isn't happening this year, due to recent turmoil with finances, so I'm trying to find a race I can still train for. The Ogden Marathon has been sold out for some time, but they hold regular drawings for people who donate to their various charities. I went and donated to one of the Goal Foundation's parter organizations this week's, so perhaps, with a little luck, I can win a spot and register in the Ogden half. Here's hoping.

Today I did a nice easy 45 minutes on the bike, followed by some light weight lifting and did some serious stretching on my shoulder in the sauna. I did my 6-mile run on Monday, although I initially wanted to do it last Saturday. I'm still on for my first 7-mile run this weekend, though.

Total distance: 12.4 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment