Friday, November 4, 2011

Experimenting with technique

Once again, I slept in this morning. Bad idea. When I do that, I usually end up feeling more tired than if I was going on little sleep. So when I got to the pool today, I wasn't feeling too hot. So I figured I'd work on my technique  instead of trying to plow through some serious distance.

The bicycle stroke, which I need to work on badly.
I normally do a 'grab-and-pull' stroke, which works fine for longer distances, but I wanted to try out the 'bicycle' stroke which is more of a continuous motion and improves times on sprints. I did a bunch of sets of those, although nothing too formal.

Then I went upstairs and did some more serious cardio, since I didn't do a ton in the pool. Finished with 5.6 miles on the bike and 1.8 miles on the treadmill. I did a dead sprint on the highest incline available for a little less than a quarter mile to finish and it destroyed me. I haven't felt my lungs burn that bad in a long time.

Total distance: 0.85 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment